A change of mind (I can feel a frogging coming on)

In the last post I'd decided to make some hiking socks from some black zwartbles yarn that I was very proud of. I kept looking at the skein and swatch and wasn't sure that it was saying socks to me. So I tried knitting a sample bit of cable from the Opulent Raglan and loved the result!

The cable is very well defined with the black yarn. The grey really is a woollen yarn which is ok for the big cable but the little ones look very, well, woolly. The WIP above came to a bit of a halt after a few mistakes and some uncertainty about the yarn. Been thinking about pulling it out. I think the black is going to work far better.



So here's progress so far. Not much but it's looking and feeling good. Pattern is Opulent Raglan

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Frogs all round then. I have a frog to see to tonight. Turned out much too big. At least I've only done a couple of inches. Let us wallow in our froginess :o(

peahen said...

Aw...

y'know the funny thing is that I don't really mind. probably partly because I wasn't happy with it, partly because I'm all fired up about the new version but partly because I think I enjoy the knitting more than finishing an item.

Sarah said...

I can relate to that. A few years ago, it would have been a disaster, but now, hey-ho let's start again, and maybe I get to search Ravelry for another new pattern :o)